Sunday 25 May 2014

More Gypsy wife blocks {the May edition}

These blocks are such fun to make. I just tip my basket of fabric on the floor then pick bits up and sew them together. Some blocks work better than others but I really do want a scrappy looking quilt at the end so I have to fight my inner sorting/overthinking monster :-)
After Linda asked me last month whether I had any fabric repeats yet (yes, I do!) I decided this month that maybe I would try and make a kind of 'colour themed' set. Mmm. Not sure I met my own goal, but I like them just the same.


Linking up for May over at Ants to Sugar.

6 comments:

  1. another lovely months work :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How I wish I had that pattern : ) Gorgeous blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! The fabrics you've chosen are brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This months are looking really good, I love them! Wishing I too had started this way, way back, but I'm content at present following your progress! L

    ReplyDelete
  5. That Hope from Hartford block is awesome. I might have to devise a way to steal it.

    ReplyDelete