Sunday 3 February 2013

Ness is yet to come!

Recently I volunteered to do some pattern testing for Kristy (paper piecing fiend) - more specifically to paper piece a word in a really cool font she has designed -  Just my type. If you follow the link, you'll see she came up with a great idea for a charity quilt, using paper pieced words. I asked for 'kindness' as my word - thinking much more about the word and what it means rather than how many letters it has!! (I think given my lack of patience at the moment, 'hug' or 'joy' might have been a better choice).


I have only done half the word so far - going back to work has really slowed the sewing down! I can also see now that I am looking at the photo that I have sewn the N in upside down, so I guess I'll be spending a little time with my unpicker in the near future!

5 comments:

  1. That font looks like hard work with all the added horizontal lines! Good luck. Nice fabric choices as always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you are doing a fabulous job on it! Love the fabric choices! And yes, I didn't think about the length of words either. Remind me of that next time I plan a word quilt won't you? hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and don't bother unpicking the N! It works just fine as it is! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! I am pattern testing too, although so far I have only managed a Y. I really must get on with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mine was a DREAM in comparison to your KINDNESS, keep going as its looking lovely.

    ReplyDelete