Sunday 17 February 2013

Kindness

I'm happy to report I have finished my 'Kindness' block for Kristy and it is on its way to Australia. As much as I love the look of this finished word, I think I will be avoiding paper piecing for a while. With 26 pieces in each letter 's', my patience was sorely stretched by the end. Thank goodness I didn't offer to piece Mississippi.


I have had some Oakshott cottons sitting around for ages - I was never all that fussed on them, the colours kind of reminded me of Miami Vice. But I saw this lovely quilt Rita made over at Red Pepper Quilts (also with Oakshotts) and decided to try it with my fabrics. I have to say, I really love these simple squares and the way the colours look together too. Hooray!



4 comments:

  1. Love the kindness - but 26 pieces for the S... Well done you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you're wonderful doing all that piecing! Seriously, smack me if I suggest long paper pieced words ever again! Thank you! It looks fantastic! (Note to self: Scrap the planned alliterative quilt featuring the letter s)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, or supercalifragalisticexpialadocious! Remember that one? This looks fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  4. That S nearly brought me to my knees but it was worth it in the end. Love the blocks.

    ReplyDelete