Wednesday 13 February 2013

February Lucky Stars BOM

I really like this block pattern - the only thing I don't love quite so much is the bulky centre. However, I have mostly pressed the centre into submission with the help of some spray starch. If you look closely at the top left corner (I was tempted to crop it all away) you can see I'm sailing close to the wind with my seam allowance - I didn't notice until I'd finished the quarter so I shall fudge around it when the time comes. A good reminder to pay attention!


5 comments:

  1. Love the colours! It looks fantastic in the solids. Wouldn't worry about that bit of seam allowance - it ought to disappear when you join the blocks together (fingers crossed!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Jan block has a corner like that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your fabrics for this block and I also have a Jan block with a corner like that :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are hard blocks to piece ; ) you did great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! I know exactly what you mean about bulky centres for this kind of block. I'm not sure that there is any way to avoid it :-(
    Anyway, love the way your colours work together. J x

    ReplyDelete