Sunday 14 October 2012

Amy Butler's Cameo sew-along

Waverlee over at Little Guinea Pigs alerted me to a sew-along organised by Amy Butler (Waverlee's project is looking really good - check it out!). I'm pretty certain that my hexies won't be in an anywhere near complete state by December, but I'm going to add my photos to the flickr pool nonetheless!

I have tried a few different fabrics for the background and have finally settled on this rather unusual yellow/green pin dot from Riley Blake.I stitched one together to get a better idea of whether I liked it or not:

Cameo hexy flower - blue

These two photos below were taken as the clouds were scudding across the sky and despite major wind gusts. I'm nothing if not persistent! I laid the centres that I have already made on top of the blue one so I could see how it looked and get a photo. You can see the change in light - even though I was only outside for about 5mins in total!

Cameo hexy pink

Cameo hexy aqua

6 comments:

  1. I love how these are turning out! The pin dot background has such a neat effect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. they look lovely :) liking the new title image too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The green dot makes the colours really pop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look fantastic! The pindot fabric really works with the Cameo :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are looking so pretty! Loving the bottom one especially!

    ReplyDelete