Wednesday 18 April 2012

More retro flowers

A few more flowers have bloomed. I'm only making 12 blocks instead of the 16 the pattern suggests because I prefer rectangular shaped quilts (and I suspect my patience will be getting rather stretched as I near the end of this). I find myself unpicking quite often - not huge numbers of stitches, which is good, but just where I'm trying to get the edges of the curves to match. I know if I don't, I will spend all my time when it is done wishing I had been fussier.

9 comments:

  1. looking good! the colours are really fresh - can't wait to see the finished top

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! I do so like this pattern but my one attempt at curves was a disaster so I don't think it is for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you are on a roll! They look fantastic! I especially love the bottom green one. Gorgeous!

    I prefer rectangular quilts too and 12 flowers sounds like a nice number!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are so pretty! I am planning a 12 block retro quilt when I finally get round to it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your fabric and color choices! The finished quilt will be wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely Megan - what a good design to try a new skills with and of course I love the colours you have chosen. Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty!! I've just started cutting mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking good! Nice colors!

    ReplyDelete