I have made a retro flower using stripes. I tried to avoid it knowing it was going to cause me some headaches but I really wanted to use the fabric for this quilt. I counselled myself to work slowly and spent a lot of time thinking about how I wanted the stripes to look. Just when I thought I was on the home stretch this happened:
Three petals later (yes, I managed to repeat the same mistake twice more), I did get the flower I wanted:
I have decided this flower will have to go on the back. It was one of the first ones I made. I was concentrating so hard on the curves and matching seams that it did not occur to me that a large gingham print wasn't going to play nicely:
If you want to see some great mini quilts, pop over to the AMQG website. Our guild made cot quilts to donate to the Auckland Neo-natal Intensive Care Unit. We decided to make it a friendly 'viewers choice' competition open to all - click here to see the quilts and cast your votes!