Monday 6 February 2012

Stars in my eyes

I have a thing for stars at the moment. This is Cherie's Carpenter Star block. If you click on the link you can download her tutorial. It is Swoon-like but I think I like sharpness of this shape better. I didn't have the size visualised in my head when I decided to make it (18 inches but still smaller than a Swoon block by all accounts) so I don't have enough fabric to carry on and make a quilt, but I am quite tempted to start gathering fabric for just such a project. I really enjoyed making this block and didn't want it to go to waste so I have quilted what I have done and am planning to turn it into a lovely cushion...
So... did I spend my long weekend preparing for my first full week of teaching this year??? No.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the link to the pattern! It is a nice block.

    ReplyDelete